All our sustainable fabrics are certified by the OEKO-TEX® Standard 100, ensuring that they are free from harmful substances in your reusable nappies and accessories for mother and baby.
The unique physical properties of TENCEL™ lyocell fabric provide natural soft-touch comfort, excellent breathability and moisture wicking ability. It is ideal for sensitive skin, keeping it dry and preventing nappy rashes.
As these products require frequent washing, the fabric strength, another feature of our lyocell fibers, is essential to the durability of cloth nappies.
ENVIRONMENTALLY SOURCED & MANUFACTURED
TENCEL™ is Lenzing’ s branded lyocell fiber that comes from the pulp of eucalyptus trees. The trees are grown on sustainably run farms certified by the Forest Stewardship Council (FSC) and Programme for the Endorsement of Forest Certification (PEFC). The fiber is produced through a closed-loop production process that conserves energy and water, using amine oxide, a non-toxic organic solvent. More than 99% of the solvent is recovered and reused. The high resource efficiency and low environmental impact makes TENCEL™ lyocell one of the most sustainable fabrics in the world.
TENCEL™ lyocell fibers support body temperature regulating properties through their moisture management. Derived from natural material, it regulates absorption and release of moisture, keeping the skin pleasantly cool and dry.
GENTLE ON SKIN
TENCEL™ lyocell fibers are naturally soft to the touch, ensuring long-lasting comfort for sensitive skin even after many washes.
UNFAVORABLE FOR BACTERIAL GROWTH
TENCEL™ lyocell quickly absorbs moisture into the deepest part of the fiber, which results in less moisture on the surface where bacteria could grow. As a result, TENCEL™ lyocell shows 10 times lower bacterial growth than cotton, which is important to keep your cloth nappies hygienic.
BIODEGRADABLE & COMPOSTABLE
TENCEL™ lyocell fiber has been certified by TÜV Austria Belgium NV as biodegradable and compostable under industrial, home, soil and marine conditions, and thus can fully revert back to nature.
We have selected the finest unbleached organic cotton from Tanzania. This fabric retains much of its natural cotton oil in the fiber matrix, so we recommend pre-washing to release the oils and boost absorbency for reusable nappies. Its natural super absorbent properties makes it ideal to quickly absorb and retain urine.
REDUCES ENVIRONMENTAL IMPACT & PROMOTES SAFE WORK
Organic cotton farming is free from pesticides, toxic chemicals and Genetically Modified Organisms, while using 88% less water and 62% less energy than conventional cotton. Growing organic cotton means that farmers are not exposed to toxic chemicals in the field or through their water supply.
SEAQUAL® YARN is a high quality 100% post-consumer recycled polyester yarn containing upcycled marine plastic from the SEAQUAL INITIATIVE. It contains approximately 10% upcycled marine plastic, in which the remaining 90% is post-consumer Polyethylene from European households, mainly Spain and France.
CLEANING OUR OCEANS & CIRCULAR ECONOMY
Marine litter from our beaches, found on the ocean floor and surface, or entering our oceans via rivers and estuaries is collected by clean-up programs. It is then sorted into different material types. The plastic portion is cleaned and mechanically transformed into Upcycled Marine Plastic at SEAQUAL INITIATIVE approved facilities in Europe. It is then returned to industry to be transformed into yarn and fabric for sustainable products like ours.
Our oceans are our greatest shared natural resource. Together we can clean, repair and protect them.
By supporting this initiative you are helping to clean our oceans, support local communities and move society towards a circular economy.
It contains a unique identifying tracer from fisherman to consumer and is certified by the Global Recycling Standard.