€23.90 – €24.90
Our Reusable Swim Nappies are perfect to use at the beach and pool.
- Ultra soft, hypoallergenic TENCEL™ lyocell against baby’s delicate skin.
- Fits children from 8kg to 17 kg.
- Double leg gussets – contains solids and runny poop.
- Snaps on both sides for easy changing.
- 2 levels of hidden snaps adjustment for re-sizing around tummy and legs with superior comfort.
- SEAQUAL® yarn with upcycled marine plastic from the Mediterranean and Atlantic coasts (check here).
- Unique designer artwork.
- Made ethically in Portugal.
Free retuns within 14 days. For more information, visit our Warranty and Returns policy.
1. What is the difference between a reusable swim nappy and a regular cloth nappy?
Our Reusable Swim Nappies have no added absorbency, as they would become too heavy in the water. They are purely for water-playing.
2. Why are Reusable Swim Nappies better than disposable ones?
- They are cheaper. Our Reusable Swim Nappies adapt to babies from 8 kg to 17 kg as they have a double snap adjustment on the side openings, and can be used over and over again.
- They are better for the environment. They are composed of 100% certified post-consumer recycled plastic, and lining of 100% TENCEL ™ liocel which is one of the most sustainable fabrics in the world. Disposable one are made from virgin polyester and take hundreds of years to decompose.
- Disposable ones get heavy and saggy after a while under water, while our product is lightweight no matter what and retain its shape.
- Shell: 100% recycled polyester containing upcycled marine plastic (Post-consumer SEAQUAL® certified). Thermally laminated with polyurethane
- Lining (net): 100% recycled polyester (Post-consumer NEW LIFE ® certified)
Certified by OEKO-TEX® 100, and Global Recycled Standard
- Lining (intimate area): 100% TENCEL™ Lyocell
Certified by OEKO-TEX® 100, and TÜV Austria Belgium NV
TENCEL™ is a trademark of Lenzing AG
If not soiled: wash at 30⁰C.
If soiled: discard poo into the toiled and wash at 40⁰C.
1. How much can I save with Pico Tango reusable nappies?
Disposable nappies cost parents an average of €2,000 per child.
- A full set of 24 PICO TANGO reusable nappies (350 mL absortion)+ 24 removable boosters (200 – 250 mL absortion)= €569
- Washing at 60 ⁰C with pre-wash once a month* = 0.79€ per wash = 23.7 € over 2.5 years
- Water + electricity = 0.59€ per wash
- Detergent = €0.20 per wash
Using reusable nappies costs €592.70 over 2.5 years, equivalent to 3 times less than disposables. You save €1,400 in total.
*Considering that once a month nappies are washed separately from normal clothing (eg. if the baby is unwell).
Wash at 60⁰C, 0.14662 €/KWh (average domestic price of the 5 cheapest energy suppliers in Portugal on 23 October 2022), pre-washing plus main wash on a A++ washing machine with consumption of 1 KWh. For remaining washes, nappies are washed together with normal clothing at 40 ⁰C.
2. How many reusable nappies do I need?
The number of nappies needed depends on the baby’s changing needs, and your washing/drying routine. For an average of 6 changes per day, washing every 2-3 days and line drying, we recommend a stock of 24 nappies. If you wash more often or tumble dry, fewer nappies may be enough. Each nappy comes with an extra booster, which absorbs enough urine to be used at night for a 2.5 year old toddler. There is no need to buy extra inserts or boosters, unless you have a really heavy wetter.
3. Do I need separate absorbent pads?
No. Unless you have a really heavy wetter. Our nappies come with an extra booster, which absorbs enough urine (550 to 600 mL) to be used overnight on a toddler.
4. Can I use Pico Tango reusable nappies straight after birth?
Our nappy is designed to comfortably fit babies from 3 kg. At the smallest setting, the ultra-soft TENCEL™ layer goes all the way to the top edge of the nappy for a super comfortable tummy. The elastic absorbent fits around tiny legs for a runny poo barrier.
5. How long will my reusable nappies last?
Based on full-time use, following the recommended washing and drying routine, they are expected to last 2.5 years, or even longer. In that case you may use them on a second child or sell them second hand.
The lifetime of your nappies and boosters will depend on these important factors:
– Washing/drying frequency: This will depend on whether you are using them full-time or part-time, and how many nappies you have for rotation between washes.
The more nappies and boosters you have for rotation, the less washing they will be subject to. Washing more regularly is more hygienic; however the nappies will wear out sooner.
Spacing out the washing longer than 3 days will result in urine and faeces wearing down nappies. Nappies will be the most washed items in your home, going through hundreds of washes per year, especially if you have a smaller stock.
– Detergent used: Using enzyme based detergents with frequency will wear them out sooner.
– Drying routine: Line drying will extend the lifetime of the nappy, while tumble drying will wear them out sooner.